On Monday, October 22, the grand final of the Valrhona C3 will be held at the StarChefs Congress in Brooklyn (New York). The winner, who will receive an exclusive trophy and 5,000 euros, will be chosen by a group of eight top-level chefs: Antonio Bachour (USA), Claire Heitzler (France) (so good #7, so good #12), Ramon Freixa (Spain), Cristina Bowerman (Italy), Fredrik Borgskog (Sweden), Daniel Mongraw (Canada), Karim Bourgi (United Arab Emirates), and Sebastien Serveau (France).
The eight candidates, winners of the different regionals, who will compete at the C3 are:
- USA: Mina Pizarro | L’Appart | New-York, USA
- Middle East: Kanako Baba | Nobu at Atlantis the Palm | Dubai, UAE
- Rest of Europe: Paula Stakelum | Ashford Castle Restaurant | Cong, Co. Mayo, IRELAND
- Spain: Libertad Santiago | Restaurant Linia de l’Hôtel Almanac | Barcelona, Spain
- Scandinavia: Weilu Wang | The patisserie Prince Philosopher | Stockholm, SWEDEN
- Italy: Ettore Beligni | Restaurant The Fat Duck | London, UK
- France: Cyril Gaidella | World Pastry Champion 2017 and teacher at CFA Mederic | Paris, FRANCE
- Asia: Yusuke Aoki | Four Seasons Hotel Resort | Bali, INDONESIA
After months of preparation in their countries of origin, each applicant will present a plated dessert and petit four based on the theme “NYANGBO 68% single origin from Ghana”.