Visitors will be able to attend professional pastry, chocolate, bonbon making, and ice cream demonstrations at the Intersuc Lab, a space where some of the most outstanding international chefs will share techniques, creativity, savoir faire, and their latest recipes. Among them are Bastien Girard and Jean-Thomas Schneider, winners of the 2017 Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie; Cyril Gaidella, winner of the Championnat de France du Dessert 2017 in the professional category; Enzo Franzi, winner of the Championnat de France du Dessert 2017 in the junior category; Jérémie Runel, co-founder of La Fabrique Givrée (so good #14); Jérémy del Val, creation chef of the Dalloyau pastry shop and French champion of desserts in the “professionals” category, and MOF Stéphane Glacier.
The Intersuc Lab is just one of the many activities that will be carried out during the fair:
- Forum: conferences, interviews and round table discussions on current topics of the different trades of the industry.
- Boutique restaurant: operational and ephemeral bakery-restaurant, equipped with innovative technologies, where visitors will have the opportunity to observe and taste all the possibilities of bakery restauration.
- Lab du Boulanger: uninterrupted bakery demonstrations thanks to a fully open oven.
- Lab Bien-être et Naturalité: laboratory that gathers all the proposals that respond to the consumers of today who take care of their well-being and the balance of their consumption.
- Sens & Chocolat Festival: demonstrations, mini-conferences, tasting of cocoa beans and high-end chocolates.
Europain, as usual, will be the scene of three competitions: the 6th French Schools Cup, which this year proposes as a theme “Luxury a la French, Female. Male”, Masters de la Boulangerie , in which 18 candidates from around the world will face off to win the prestigious World Master Baker title and the Mondial des Arts Sucrés, during which 32 candidates from 16 different countries and divided into 16 teams of two, a male and female chef, will have 19 hours to make a plated dessert, a small individual ice cream, a dessert, two types of sweets, a sugar piece, a chocolate piece, and a display of sweets and sugar.
In 2018 the organization also wants to highlight the novelties presented in the show and to place value on the most innovative through two new awards. On the one hand, the Novelty Award, which will distinguish the new products that present the most outstanding benefits. On the other hand, there is the Visitors Award, granted by the attendees themselves.