Chris Ford (so good #8), chef at ButterLove & Hardwork, recently announced the launch of his own custom line of chocolate, Love. Created in Cacao Barry’s Parisian laboratory, Or Noir, it is a 66% chocolate couverture with flavor notes of toasted cookies, brown sugar, and aromatic cocoa. An artisan mix that is made from the outcomes of the session and uses cocoa beans from Ghana and Ecuador.
As Ford explains, “this is my love letter to chocolate. As a professional chef, I’ve had access to the best chocolate in the world; I wanted to create something that would give the home chef that same access, while also introducing my peers to a unique blend that celebrates the very best parts of milk and dark chocolate. “
The chocolate Love, how could it be otherwise, makes its grand debut in his 2021 Valentine’s Day collection. A range that includes:
- The Bullseye Heart and Love Letters Heart: two hearts made with the Love chocolate blend, ready to be broken with the brand’s mallet and filled with Love chocolate truffles and Love puffs.
- Teddy Be Mine: an adorable and giant bear. Nearly one foot of Love breakable chocolate reveals 24 chocolate truffles and crunchy puffs.
- Love chocolate bar, Love chocolate bites: three ways (malt balls, trail mix, and brownie), and Love bombs (hollow chocolate spheres filled with cocoa and mini-marshmallows)
- The Bundle of Love: the best of Love (The Bullseye Heart, Bars, Bites, and Bombs).
- The Heart Dart Box: this edible heartboard comes with two darts and a BLHW mallet containing mini Love truffles.