The regional selections of the seventh edition of the Amateur Macaron Competition have begun. An edition that is more international than ever since the semi-finals will be held in Belgium and Japan, and if we add the ones in Italy and Canada, the number raises to four semi-finals held outside France. In total there will be 16 rounds, twelve in France and four overseas.
The grand final will take place on May 13, 2017 in François Granger’s patisserie in Bergerac. The candidates must submit ten homemade macarons, different than those presented at the semi-final and made in three hours before the watchful eye of a jury made up of Mercotte, sponsor of the event since 2012, and other professionals.
Calendar of regional semi-finals:
- 23 September 2016 in Tokyo (Japan) chez Masumi Kobayashi – All Japan Macaron Association
- 12 November 2016 in Saint-Gervais chez Roland Zanin
- 19 November 2016 in Nantes chez Vincent Guerlais
- 19 November 2016 in Vannes chez Alain Chartier
- 26 November 2016 in Nice chez Pascal LAC
- 3 December 2016 in Lyon chez Sébastien Bouillet
- 4 February 2017 in Hyeres La Crau chez Denis Matyasy
- 18 February 2017 in Waterloo – Brussels chez Marc Ducobu
- 25 February 2017 in Montreal (Canada) chez Christophe Morel
- 4 March 2017 in Bergerac chez François Granger
- 12 March 2017 in Val d’Isere chez Patrick Chevallot
- 17 March 2017 in Bayonne chez Lionel Raux
- 1 April 2017 in Montélimar chez Eric Escobar
- 7 April 2017 in Venice chez Hangar 78
There are no definite dates for Paris (chez Arnaud Lahrer) and Metz (chez Franck Fresson).