The ambitious championship organized by the chocolate firm, which has been held in New York since 2016, moves to Singapore in its sixth edition. Open to all catering professionals over 21 years old, this year it has proposed Dominican Republic Bahibé 46% Grand Cru as the theme in the eight regional qualifiers that have been held between September and December.
The candidates chosen in the different qualifiers are:
- Spain / Portugal Selection: Martín de Luca (Spain)
- Asia / Japan Selection: Alessandro Bartesaghi (Australia)
- Italy Selection: Ettore Beligni, who came in second position in the previous edition
- North America Selection: Kévin Clemenceau
- France Selection: Yoann Normand
- Rest of the World Selection: Mariusz Górecki (Poland)
- Middle East and Africa Selection: Ankit Bhardwaj (UEA Abu Dhabi)
- Scandinavian Selection: Jiann lih Chuah (Norway)
The eight pastry chefs opt for three prizes valued at 8,000 euros, 3,000 euros and 1,000 euros respectively.