From January 16 to 18, Jordi Puigvert traveled to Greece to give a seminar, organized by Gastronomy Essentials, on frozen dessert formulation, a discipline that in Spain is not as widespread as in neighboring countries and offers ice cream makers and pastry chefs the possibility of standing out.
It is not the first time that the pastry chef traveled to this country, but recognizes that this last visit has served not only as a barometer to measure the good health that frozen dessert techniques is currently experiencing, but also to reclaim the importance of “knowing how to formulate to be able to create. ”
For three days, the nearly 80 attendees could learn useful information about this type of frozen techniques for pastry and access tricks that are not explained anywhere and that are only acquired through experience. They also had the opportunity to learn new techniques that the chef has been working on in recent years in collaboration with suppliers and training centers. Some of this tricks collected in his book, Evolution, which sheds light on what are called technological ingredients, going into detail in their little known applications in pastry products
An interesting theoretical-practical course where 80% of the creations were about frozen pastry bases and the remaining 20% were new formulations on regular positive temperatire patisserie. Jordi Puigvert executed several pieces that can be grouped into three lines of work or formats as a sample of hisextensive knowledge on frozen pastry shop items, platted desserts, and a new work on “Coupes Glacées. Some of the most outstanding proposals were:
- A frozen cake version of the cake he presented at Intersicop 2017.
- Ice cream praline cup of cocoa nibs, chocolate crumble, and whipped milk. A dessert where the coffee and cocoa sauce is the link between all the elements, and whose recipe we share in Arte Heladero 187
- A platted dessert under the name of “Viva Mexico”: avocado and tequila sorbet (formulated for Paco Jet machine), lime mousse glacé and corn foam and “nougatine”..
Photo: Athens Art Studio