The 12 candidates to win the second edition of the AUI Pastry Cup will measure their strengths on September 18 and 19 at the offices of AUI Fine Foods, near Washington DC.
The competition will test the creativity and technique of the candidates, and the So Good team will be attending to explain all the details. On the first day, the 12 professionals will have to present a pre-dessert and, of these, six will be selected to prepare a plated dessert. On the second day, only the top three will make bonbons and entremets. The winner will be awarded $5,000 cash, an inclusion in So Good, and a $500 voucher on AUI products.
The candidates are:
- Steven Cheung, Executive Pastry Chef for Global Gourmet Catering, California
- Heather Lakey, Pastry Chef de Partie at the Four Seasons Westlake Village, California
- Guillermo Magana, Pastry Chef at the Country Club at DC Ranch, Arizona
- Kévin Clemenceau, Chocolatier and pastry sous chef at Pitchoun Bakery and Café, California
- Leen Kim, Executive Pastry Chef of the Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, Virginia
- Kaity Mitchell, Chocolatier and pastry cook at Gotham Bar and Grill, New York City
- Erin Reed, Executive Pastry Chef at Blue Duck Tavern, Washington, D.C.
- Ryan Westover, Instructor at Stratford University in Falls Church, Virginia
- Curtis Cameron, Executive Pastry Chef at Las Alcobas Napa Valley, California
- Brianne Maggiore, Pastry Chef at Four Seasons Scottsdale, Arizona
- Benjamin Copeland, Pastry Chef at Gasparilla Inn and Club in Boca Grande, Florida
- Alina Muratova, Pastry Chef at the Washington State Convention Center, Washington