Amateur pastry chefs who are 16 and older can now register in the different qualifiers for the Concours Macaron Amateur International, which will be organized during the last quarter of 2018 and the first quarter of 2019. In fact, the first test has already taken place in Tokyo on October 9.
Vincent Guerlais created this competition in 2010 and in these years, it has become consolidated as an international event that has gone beyond France, organizing rankings in four countries: Belgium, Japan, Italy, and Canada.
This is the calendar of the regional semifinals:
• October 26, 2018 – Venice. Organizer: Hangar 78
• November 17, 2018 – Nantes. Organizer: Vincent Guerlais
• November 24, 2018 – Nice. Organizer: Pascal Lac
• December 1, 2018 – Sallanches (Upper Savoy). Organizer: Roland Zanin
• December 1, 2018 – Lyon. Organizer: Sébastien Bouillet
• March 9, 2019 – Brussels. Organizer: Marc Ducobu
• March 16, 2019 – Vannes. Organizer: Alain Chartier
There are still no definitive dates for Paris (Arnaud Larher), La Crau (Denis Matyasy), Montreal (Christophe Morel), Bergerac (François Granger), Val d’Isere (Patrick Chevallot), Bayonne (Lionel Raux), Metz (Frank Fresson), Montélimar (Eric Escobar), and Albi (Michel Belin).