The first Panettone World Cup is close at hand, promoted by Giuseppe Pifaretti and Jose Romero to honor the history, production, and manufacturing of this product of Milanese origin, which is hugely popular outside Italy.
Now that the different qualifiers have been completed, the names of the 19 candidates who will participate in the competition which will take place on November 8, 9 and 10 in Lugano (Switzerland) have been announced.
- Switzerland: Roberto Gatti – Arte Bianca Sagl (Lugano), Bruno Buletti – B.F.B. Food F.lli Buletti (Airolo), Marzio Monaco – Dolce Monaco (Losone) and Luca Poncini – Poncini Luca e Co. (Maggia)
- Italy: Bruno Andreoletti – Pasticceria Andreoletti (Brescia), Ferrante Massimo – Pasticceria Ferrante (Genova), Lunardi Massimiliano – Fratelli Lunardi (Quarrata), Peruzzi Massimo –Pasticceria Peruzzi (Prato), Giovanni Ristuccia – Il Duomo di Pietrasanta (Lucca), Andrea Tedeschi – Pastry Lab (Bologna) and Turdo Nicola – Panificio Picernese Ciarly (Picerno).
- Spain: Oriol Balaguer (Barcelona), Yann Duiytsche – Dolç (Sant Cugat, Barcelona), Jordi Morelló (Pastisseria Takashi Ochiai, Barcelona)
- Portugal: Marco Ferreira (Braga)
- France: Franck Collas – SAS FAB (Beaugency)
- The US: Biagio Settepani – Bruno’s Retaurant (New York)
- Australia: Tatiana Coluccio – Old Evropa Bakery (Melbourne)
- Japan: Katsuei Shiga – Signifiant Signifié (Tokyo)
The contestants must present to the jury six pieces of 1 kg of traditional panettone, made with natural sourdough, double natural fermentation and high form.