On October 2nd, in London’s Restaurant Show, the fourth edition of the UK Pastry Open will take place, the championship that will define those chosen to represent the United Kingdom at the Lyon World Pastry Cup in 2019. A direct classification to the grand final since the UK belongs to the select Top Five countries thanks to being among the best in the last three editions of the championship.
For 6 hours, each candidate must prepare 5 plated desserts according to a certain competition theme and also prepare a creation in chocolate, sugar, or ice carving. Uk Pastry Club is the organiser of the competition.
A renowned panel of judges, still to be defined, will be in charge of evaluating the nine competitors, five for sugar, three for chocolate, and one for ice. Each winner will not only have the honor and the challenge of going to the grand final of the Coupe du Monde, but will receive different prizes in the form of courses and raw material from the sponsors Classic Fine Foods, Taste Lab, Valrhona, Ritter Courivaud, and Patisfrance.
- Nicolas Houchet, Le Cordon Bleu
- Jamie Houghton, Belmond, Le Manoir aux Quat ‘Saisons
- Reece Collier, The Grove
- Michael Ho Lam Kwan, Duddells
- Jonas Plangger, Manchester House
- Dominic Hutchings, Pennyhill Park
- Sarju Ranavaya, The Tastelab at Classic Fine Foods
- Maxime Michelot, Sheraton Grand London Park Lane
- Chris Seddon, Coutts