The Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie 2017, to be held in Lyon on 22 and 23 January, will involve 22 countries and 50 national selections and 4 continental selections will have been created.
The top 7 countries that have accumulated the most points in the last three editions have a ticket to the finale and are automatically classified as national teams. These are South Korea, the USA, France, Japan, the UK, Singapore, and Taiwan. Meanwhile, Italy, the winning country in 2015, may not participate and will have to wait until 2019 as stated in the competition’s regulation.
To date, we know the dates of some of the upcoming qualifying competitions for some national teams:
- Russia’s National team: June 14, 2015 at the Tate festival in Moscow.
- Brazil’s National team: 14 to 16 October 2015 at the Centro de Convenções SulAmérica in Rio de Janeiro.
- Turkey’s National team. 26 to 28 November 2015 at the Istanbul Congress Centre.
We also have information about the four continental selections:
- Coupe Europe, from 24 to 26 January 2016 in Geneva. A qualifying round which we will keep a close eye on and will inform you at the time, since the Spanish and Belgian national teams will be participating. These two teams did not participate in the 2015 edition.
- Coupe Afrique in March 2016 in Casablanca.
- Asian Pastry Cup in April 2016 in Singapore.
- Copa Maya, Latin America team, in August 2016 in Mexico.