The selected finalists to partake in the competition “are professionals who know how to capture the spirit of Cacao Barry” assured Jerome Landrieu, director of the Chocolate Academy in Chicago.
On the first day, the contestants had to show their skills by elaborating chocolate ganache bonbons and an original showpiece. On the second day, they also prepared an original chocolate nut bar, soft caramel, and gâteaux of voyage. A panel of renowned culinary experts evaluated all entries based on taste, appearance, creativity and interpretation of this year’s competition theme – “The Roaring Twenties Chicago” and decided on the classification:
- Chocolatier of the Year: Anthony Vellut (ARIA Resort & Casino)
- 2nd Place: Helen Hong (Four Seasons Hotel Chicago)
- 3rd Place: Wilfredo Barajas (The Peninsula Chicago)
- Best Showpiece: Anthony Vellut
- Kitchen Skills Award: Helen Hong